Last night (July 3) over 200 finance industry professionals gathered in London to celebrate the winners of the 2019 Investment Excellence Awards.
The awards recognise the achievements of securities services firms, specialist technology providers, and asset managers over the last 12 months. The awards span a number of highly contested categories, such as ESG Manager of the Year, Fund Manager of the Year, Technology Innovation of the Year, as well as Best Technology Product for Regulatory Change, for Risk Management, and for Trading.
Among this year’s asset management award winners were Amundi in the Asset Manager of the Year category, Aviva Investors for ESG Manager of the Year, Artisan Partners for Equities Manager of the Year, and Insight Investment for Fixed Income Manager of the Year.
Across the service and technology provider categories, awards went to Investec Securities, Northern Trust, FIS, and Quod Financial, to name but a few.
Amundi’s Yves Perrier was named CEO of the Year and Clearstream’s Philippe Seyll received the Lifetime Achievement in Asset Servicing Award.
A full list of this year’s winners is provided below. More information about the winning entries can be found in the awards brochure, which is available to download here.
The awards presentation took place at the Leonardo Royal Hotel London Tower Bridge. During the course of the evening, guests celebrated and networked over a drinks reception and gala dinner, and heard from Alexis Conran, presenter and writer of the BBC’s acclaimed The Real Hustle.
In addition to the winners of the Investment Excellence Awards, the black-tie event recognised the top-ranked firms in Global Investor’s Global Custody Survey 2019, Sub-Custody Survey 2019, and Beneficial Owners Survey 2019.
View photos from the event here.
Global Investor would like to thank the awards judging panel, all those who submitted awards entries, and those who took part in the annual Global Custody, Sub-Custody and Beneficial Owners Surveys.
Congratulations to this year’s Investment Excellence Awards winners:
Asset management awards
- Asset manager of the year: Amundi
- Equities manager of the year: Artisan Partners
- Fixed income manager of the year: Insight Investment
- ETF/passive fund manager of the year: DWS
- ESG manager of the year: Aviva Investors
- Fund of funds manager of the year: Aurum Fund Management
- Smart beta manager of the year: Amundi
- Multi-asset manager of the year: Insight Investment
- Wealth manager of the year: Lombard Odier
- Infrastructure manager of the year: DWS
- Fiduciary manager of the year: BMO Global Asset Management
- LDI manager of the year: Insight Investment
- Emerging markets manager of the year: Artisan Partners
- Investment consultant of the year: bfinance
- Rising star of the year: Amy Clarke, Tribe Impact Capital
- CEO of the year: Yves Perrier, Amundi
- Lifetime achievement in asset servicing: Philippe Seyll, Clearstream
Service provider awards
- Broker of the year: Investec Securities Limited
- Transition manager of the year: BlackRock
- Transfer agent of the year: RBC Investor & Treasury Services
- Index provider of the year: FTSE Russell
- Fund administrator of the year: Northern Trust
- Real estate fund administrator of the year: BNY Mellon
- Private equity fund administrator of the year: Northern Trust
Infrastructure and technology awards
- Exchange of the year: Eurex
- Clearing house of the year: LCH
- Collateral management system of the year: FIS
- Best technology product for risk management: Numerix
- Best technology product for trading: Dash Financial Technologies
- Best technology product for regulatory change: Red Deer
- Technology innovation of the year: Quod Financial